- Monroe production began in Michigan in 1915 and ended in Indiana in 1924.
- In 1915, Monroe also built and supplied Chevrolet with axles.
- This car was built in Pontiac, Michigan.
The Monroe Motor Company was founded in Flint, Michigan, in 1913. Production of Monroe automobiles began in 1915. The Monroe firm also built axles for Chevrolet that year. In mid-1916, the Monroe Company moved to Pontiac, Michigan, where this 1917 Monroe was built.
In 1918, the Monroe Motor Company was purchased by the William Small Company of Indianapolis, Indiana, where Monroe tourers and speedsters were built. In 1923, the Premier Motor Corporation in Indianapolis acquired control of Monroe. Premier gave the Monroe a new radiator shape and continued its production until 1924.